Designed, built and tested to create a strong and visible presence in the work zone!
One (1) Roll Up Sign - Includes 4-riveted polycarbonate pockets + orange ribs + velcro strap. Ships in its own package.
Reflective signs are MUTCD Compliant:
- NCHRP 350 Approved
- MUTCD TTC Signs
- The roll-up versions of this sign are provided with velcro strips to accommodate different overlay messages. Overlay sizes shown are 22 x 7″ for 36″
- These lightweight signs are provided with a fiberglass cross-brace (1/4" thick vertical and 3/16" thick horizontal ribs), 4-heavy duty polycarbonate pockets, plus hook and loop for easy storage.
When to Use 36″ and 48″ Temporary Warning Signs
According to the MUTCD:
|Type of Roadway||Sign Size|
|Conventional Road||36 × 36″|
|Freeway or Expressway||48 × 48″|
Transportation engineers may find this answer acceptable since they have a deeper understanding of the MUTCD than most, but not everyone has this knowledge. Luckily, definitions of these terms are provided to help make some sense of what they are trying to convey. Here’s how the MUTCD defines each of those types of roadways:
- "Conventional Road" is a "street or highway other than a low-volume road, expressway, or freeway."
- "Low-Volume Road" is a facility lying outside of developed areas of cities, towns, and communities, which serves fewer than 400 vehicles per day on average. A low-volume road shall not be a freeway, an expressway, an interchange ramp, a freeway service road, a road on a designated State highway system, or a residential street in a neighborhood.
- "Expressway" is a divided highway with partial control of access.
- "Freeway" is a divided highway with full control of access.
Still confused? It's not just you. Generally speaking, if the road is a divided highway with a concrete barrier or median, a 48 × 48″ sign will be required. A 36 × 36″ sign can be used on all other types of roadways.
Roll-up signs material grades
- Fluorescent Non-Reflective Solid Vinyl signs are recommended for day time use only, this material is not MUTCD compliant when used at night.
- Fluorescent Super Bright Reflective Vinyl signs are MUTCD compliant when used day or night.
Roll-Up Sign Bracket Compatibility
- Compatible with Latch Brackets.
- Compatible with Universal Brackets.
- Compatible with all Roll-up Brackets.
- View and order sign stands with roll-up bracket options.
Roll-Up Sign Features
- Unit Weight, without flags: 4 lb
- Unit Weight, with flags: 5 lb
- Storage Size: 4" x 4" x 50"
Roll-Up Sign with Flag Assembly
Our folding flag system allows permanent attachment of two 18" fluorescent orange vinyl flags. Flags roll up with the sign for easy storage and fast deployment. Sliding clips quickly lock flags in their open position.
Roll-Up Sign Plastic Corner Pockets
At 3/4" deep, the Delta Rib Pocket is designed to be easier to deploy than conventional pockets. Made of tough polycarbonate, it features increased strength and the smallest storage diameter in the industry.
Featuring a full depth design, rectangular pockets are typically used at the top and bottom of the sign. Made of tough polycarbonate, they will fit all pocket style sign holders.
The image above shows the overlay size applicable to this legend for either the 36" or 48" sign.
Several of the roll-up signs on this website will have velcro added to specific words that allows for multiple messages to be displayed using a single roll-up sign. Overlays are made from the same material as the sign and come with velcro strips on the back.
- Size: 36’’ x 36’’
- Weight: 4 lbs., or 5 lbs.
- Customizable? Various materials available
Latest from blog
Bollard Buying Guide
When it comes to safeguarding pedestrians, managing traffic flow, and protecting infrastructure, bollards are a helpful tool. Whether you're a facility manager, an event organizer, or a business ow...Read more
Crowd Control Tips for Your Venue
When organizing an event, ensuring proper crowd control is paramount to the success and safety of both attendees and staff. Managing a large gathering of people requires careful planning and execut...Read more
Crowd Control Basics: Construction Site Safety & Security
In the world of construction, the goal is to bring a design or project to life. From intricate bridges to towering skyscrapers, these projects help shape and improve our lives. Amid the excitement ...Read more